Related Sector: Expert Witness
The Igloo case raised several important issues for experts resulting in judicial criticism. Mike Grant, solicitor with Weightmans, discusses the lessons for experts including:
- How to produce joint statements
- The importance of being properly independent and objective
- Being qualified and experienced in the appropriate fields
- Giving transparent explanations of findings
- How experts should conduct themselves
- Not just putting forward or emphasising the points that support the client's case
- The impact on costs
A short article on the Igloo case which contains some interesting comments on the respective experts’ involvement.
Want more information? Please call us on...
020 7549 2549
If you require any help or would like to discuss how Bond Solon can assist you in your training needs, please call us on: +44 (0) 20 7549 2549