Key Learning Points
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all relevant legislation and guidance to include information sharing and confidentiality
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the chairperson
- Manage, co-ordinate and navigate Best Interest Meetings effectively
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of facilitating the contribution of individuals from a range of agencies to promote the wellbeing and best interests of the person concerned
- Explore good practice in dispute resolution
- Exploring good practice in chairing meetings
- Formulating and confirming decisions and recommendations
Chairing Best Interest Meetings - Overview
Professionals are often required to Chair Best Interest meetings and it is essential that they understand the role of the Chair to enable them to convene and chair a successful meeting with a level of confidence and competence in order to achieve positive outcomes for the client using a client focused approach.
The course will equip those individuals whose responsibility it is to Chair Best Interest Meetings to do so with a full understanding of why best interest decision making is required, what is a best interest meeting and when is it required, who should chair, who is the decision maker, who should attend, preparation before, during and after the meeting, supporting attendees and recording.
All training will be delivered in line with relevant legislation, policy and procedures supporting the process. The course will equip delegates with a level of confidence and competence to ensure positive outcomes for people.