This one day, interactive Legal Update Virtual Classroom is aimed at ensuring that those operating under the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards are able to do so lawfully.
This course is aimed at ensuring that those operating under the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards are able to do so lawfully.
Delegates will explore the current legal framework, set within the context of public health measures introduced by the Government during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
It will also satisfy the mandatory Legal Update/Refresher course that BIAs must undertake every 12 months.
Key Learning Points
- Explore the ethical human and equality rights framework for decision making in the current Pandemic and the link with MCA/DOLS Government Guidance
- Consider the interface between Public Health Measures introduced by the Government and Restrictions on Liberty relevant to Article 5
- Identify how the Coronavirus Act 2020 and the current Pandemic may impact practice as
- Best Interest Assessor/Mental Health Assessor/Signatory and translate and consider how to apply the knowledge learned into day to day practice
- Examine up to date case law on the use of remote techniques for assessments and other relevant issues
- Identify and consider the “Remote Access to the Court of Protection” Guidance and its implications for those professionals preparing/giving evidence
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for all working under the MCA DoLS;
- Best Interest Assessors (BIAs), This will also act as your mandatory Annual Legal Update
- S.12 Approved Doctors, for those who undertake assessments under DoLS Safeguards
- Authorising Signatories, to ensure correct oversight, and to be clear in regards to the changes you will see coming through e.g. remote assessments
If you gained your BIA Qualification with Bond Solon, we are happy to offer you a 20% discount on this course. Please contact the Bond Solon team for your 20% off code.
A certificate of attendance will be issued for the course to each delegate.
We are also delivering bespoke in-house sessions, tailored for your workforce. These can be organised on dates and times suitable for your staff. Delivering from 6 – 16 people.