Excellence in Report Writing - overview
An expert’s report is an essential element in litigation. It must be clear, succinct, independent and well presented. An excellent report is also one of the most effective marketing tools that an expert will have in their career. Reports are seen by many professionals during litigation and often new instructions are received from opposition lawyers.
Many experts create their own report writing style or adopt other experts’ formats and styles, having rarely received constructive feedback from lawyers on what is required from their written report.
This course explores what lawyers and the courts expect and require from an expert’s report. You will be taught how to assess your own and other experts’ reports.
Working with our model format and techniques received during the training you will be able to produce, quickly and consistently, reports that are appropriate for use in litigation and can withstand cross examination.
This course can count towards the University of Aberdeen Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate.
Key Learning Points
- Identifying the issues to be addressed in your report
- A structured approach to preparation and report writing
- Expressing a fair and independent view and justifying your conclusion
- Dealing with supporting information
- Developing an objective and critical eye in relation to your report
- Insulating your report against cross-examination
The Digital Hub
When you book a place on this public course, you will be given free access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, our new resource for expert witnesses. Find out more.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.