Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Learning Points
- Identifying the issues and including facts that support these issues
- Identifying the source and weight of evidence
- Insulating written evidence against cross-examination
- Layout and formalities
- Use of exhibits/appendices/photos/plans/maps
- Using contemporaneous notes as the basis for the statements/reports
- Getting your message across
- Developing an objective and critical eye in relation to written evidence
Statement/Report Writing - overview
Written evidence is vital: good written evidence promotes early settlement of civil cases and success at trial in criminal cases.
On this hands-on Statement/Report Writing Course, you’ll learn how to improve the content, structure and style of your statements/reports.
Too often statements/reports lack clarity, credibility and objectivity. Delegates will consider best practice in writing effective statements or reports for use in civil claims or criminal cases.
The Statement/Report Writing training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice or towards the 2-day Advanced Award in Advanced Statement/Report Writing & Giving Evidence.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.