Friday 6th November 2020
Live Virtual Event
The Bond Solon Expert Witness Conference is the largest annual gathering of expert witnesses in the UK, providing an excellent opportunity to keep abreast of the current developments and key issues affecting experts.
This year the conference will run as a fully virtual live event, with the opportunities for audience participation and questions. In light of the on-going developments with COVID-19, it is the safest approach for all our delegates, speakers and staff.
Since March, all Bond Solon training and events have been held virtually and feedback from those partaking has been excellent. Experts have commented positively on the quality and interactive nature of virtual delivery, as well as the convenience of receiving learning remotely.
There are many important issues surrounding our justice system at present. We will be looking at these and their impact on your work as an expert witness.
Key speakers and topics include:
- Lord Stewart Hodge, the Deputy President of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom, will give the Keynote Address and look at the overall impact of these issues.
- Hugh Mercer QC will give his insights into the impact of BREXIT on experts. He chairs the Brexit Working Group of the Bar and the CCBE European Lawyers’ Committee. He is also Leader of the European Circuit.
- Michael Mansfield QC, has represented defendants in criminal trials, appeals and inquiries in some of the most controversial legal cases the country has seen, particularly where issues of Civil Liberty have arisen. Matters include Grenfell Tower, Lawrence, the Marchioness Disaster, the Deptford/ New Cross Fire; the Lockerbie/ Dublin Monaghan bombings, and Michael Barrymore. He will give his authoritative views on expert evidence.
- Chris Bushell, Partner and solicitor with Herbert Smith Freehills, is President of the London Solicitors Litigation Association that helps to shape civil justice reform and promote best practice in litigation. In the commercial parallel session, Chris will look at how the current circumstances particularly affect commercial litigation and the use of expert evidence.
- The Honourable Mr Justice Williams is the Chair of the Family Division Working Group on Medical Experts in the Family Courts. In the family parallel session he will look at how COVID 19 has impacted the Family Courts and what changes are happening in those courts around expert evidence.
As well as our annual legal update, there are break-out sessions on criminal, commercial, medico-legal and family law.
A plenary session will provide guidance and tips on how to give evidence remotely.
Finally, the conference will include relevant sponsors and exhibitors, and an awards ceremony for successful CUBS graduates.
Exclusive corporate booking discount
If you have five colleagues interested in attending this conference, be sure to take full advantage of our corporate booking discount, where five delegates can attend for the price for four.
Call +44 (0)20 7549 2549 for further details.