Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Learning Points
- Understand the principles of case file management
- Identify and manage the content required for a case file
- Formulate a strategy for completing all relevant documentation
- Exercise judgment in relation to appropriate disclosure of material
- Build a case file to enable either an in-house or independent advocate to prepare the case for presentation at a preliminary hearing or trial
Case File Preparation and Disclosure - overview
Investigators preparing cases to pass to advocates for presentation require the knowledge and skills to produce comprehensive case files containing all the relevant documentation and information required for hearings.
This practical, structured course equips delegates with the requisite understanding of how to compile relevant case information. Delegates will analyse the contents of a case file, including the summary of the case, schedules of witnesses and exhibits, details of witness availability and copies of witness statements or reports in order to ensure best practice in case file procedure.
The Case File Preparation and Disclosure training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Advanced Award in Case File Preparation.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.