Key Learning Points
- Identifying the court structure and other means of dispute resolution
- Comparing and contrasting between rights, obligations and duties under
Contract Law and Tort Law
- Determining the relationship between the expert witness, court and solicitor
- Being able to confidently apply The Civil Procedure Rules, Practice Directions and Protocols
- Understanding the role of the expert witness
Civil Law and Procedure - overview
As an expert witness involved in civil proceedings in England and Wales, you need to understand the basics of law and legal procedure. This helps you work effectively and confidently, and to comply with mandatory requirements.
You’ll cover the principles of liability and quantum of damages through case studies. You’ll also look at the practical implications of the Civil Procedure Rules, legislation, guidance and judicial comment on the roles and responsibilities of experts.
If you wish to count this course towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Civil Expert Witness Certificate, please note that (if not already paid) an additional marking and accreditation fee will apply. Please call 020 7549 2549 for details.