Please note that this course is delivered virtually on a public basis. We can also arrange closed courses (either in the classroom or virtual) for your organisation, if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Key Learning Points
- Identifying the court structure and other means of dispute resolution
- Comparing and contrasting between rights, obligations and duties under
Contract Law and Tort Law
- Determining the relationship between the expert witness, court and solicitor
- Being able to confidently apply The Civil Procedure Rules, Practice Directions and the Guidance
- Understanding the role of the expert witness
Civil Law and Procedure - overview
As an expert witness involved in civil proceedings in England and Wales, you need to understand the basics of law and legal procedure. This helps you work effectively and confidently, and to comply with mandatory requirements.
You’ll cover the principles of liability and quantum of damages through case studies. You’ll also look at the practical implications of the Civil Procedure Rules, legislation, guidance and judicial comment on the roles and responsibilities of experts.
If you wish to count this course towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Civil Expert Witness Certificate, please note that (if not already paid) an additional marking and accreditation fee will apply. Please call 020 7549 2549 for details.
The Digital Hub
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
- Important Information for Expert Witnesses with Forthcoming Hearings
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.