Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Learning Points
- Explaining and applying relevant legislation, legal requirements and Codes of Practice in search and seizure of electronic and digital evidence in investigations
- Gaining a working knowledge of the Computer Misuse Act
- Planning and preparing for the search and seizure of electronic/digital evidence
- Collecting electronic/digital evidence using procedures that ensure the continuity of the evidence is preserved
- Complying with the guidelines for dealing with computer-based evidence identified by the College of Policing
Collecting Electronic/Digital Evidence - overview
Electronic/digital evidence is now an integral part of many investigations. Investigators must know how to secure and preserve electronic/digital evidence so that it will be admissible in court.
This practical 2-day Collecting Electronic/Digital Evidence training course will give you a thorough understanding of how to secure electronic/digital evidence so that it can be used in a court of law.
The Collecting Electronic/Digital Evidence training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate in Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Professional Award in Collecting Electronic/Digital Evidence.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.