Key Learning Points
- Gaining an overview of the criminal justice system and criminal prosecution
- Understanding the Criminal Procedure Rules, the legal framework and codes of practice
- Recognising the relevance of the Human Rights Act 1998
- Differentiating between different types of evidence, including oral, documentary and real evidence and issues relating to the admissibility of hearsay and evidence of bad character
- Distinguishing between facts, inferences and opinion
Criminal Law and Procedure - overview
As an expert witness involved in criminal proceedings in England and Wales, you need to understand the basics of law and legal procedure. This helps you work effectively and confidently, and to comply with mandatory requirements.
In this structured training course, you’ll consider the practical implications of your duties and responsibilities to the court as set out in Part 19 of the Criminal Procedure Rules 2015.
You’ll also learn the essentials of disclosure, continuity of evidence and how to maintain professional objectivity and impartiality.
If you wish to count this course towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Criminal Expert Witness Certificate, please note that (if not already paid) an additional marking and accreditation fee will apply. Please call 020 7549 2549 for details.