Key Learning Points
- Understanding relevant legislation
- The Human Rights Act and related law
- Explaining and applying the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and the Codes
- Recognising and obtaining different types of evidence: oral, documentary, real and hearsay
- How to collect evidence and maintain continuity of exhibits
- Distinguishing between facts, assumptions and opinions
- Analysis and evaluation of evidence (case analysis)
- Best practice in record-keeping, note-taking and handling disclosure
Law, Evidence, Procedure and Best Practice - overview
The way evidence is gathered has a major impact on successful regulatory control, enforcement and/or prosecution.
This practical, structured course equips delegates who have regulatory, enforcement and/or prosecution responsibilities with essential knowledge of law, evidence and procedure for their day-to-day roles in conducting investigations.
You’ll learn how to gather evidence to best-practice standards so that it’s relevant, admissible and credible.
The Law, Evidence, Procedure and Best Practice training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Advanced Award in Law, Evidence and Procedure & Best Practice.