Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Law, Evidence, Procedure and Best Practice - overview
The way evidence is gathered has a major impact on successful regulatory control, enforcement and/or prosecution.
This practical, structured course equips delegates who have regulatory, enforcement and/or prosecution responsibilities with essential knowledge of law, evidence and procedure for their day-to-day roles in conducting investigations.
You’ll learn how to gather evidence to best-practice standards so that it’s relevant, admissible and credible.
The Law, Evidence, Procedure and Best Practice training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Advanced Award in Law, Evidence and Procedure & Best Practice.
Key Learning Points
- Understanding relevant legislation
- The Human Rights Act and related law
- Explaining and applying the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and the Codes
- Recognising and obtaining different types of evidence: oral, documentary, real and hearsay
- How to collect evidence and maintain continuity of exhibits
- Distinguishing between facts, assumptions and opinions
- Analysis and evaluation of evidence (case analysis)
- Best practice in record-keeping, note-taking and handling disclosure
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.