Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is delivered by The Training Consultants, part of Bond Solon. The Training Consultants is one of the UK's most established suppliers of accredited intelligence training, spanning the whole spectrum of overt and covert activity.
RIPA Applicants - Course Overview
The role of the applicant is crucial to the RIPA process and it is important that those required to complete applications understand how to perform this role correctly, whichever organisation they work for.
This 1-day training course has been designed to allow delegates to understand and explore the role and the requirements placed upon them when they are required to submit a RIPA application. The training is structured so that the delegates are be able to complete an application in line with the law, guidance and recognised good practice, enabling them to reduce bureaucracy and maximise the chances of success.
Key learning points
- What is the role of the applicant?
- Understand the different types of activity available?
- When should an application be submitted?
- When is an application required for open source research?
- How to complete the application form?
- How to correctly apply the key term of necessity, proportionality and collateral intrusion.
- The 3 legal tests that the applicant is required to perform.
Who should attend?
This 1-day course is aimed at local authority officers and fire services that may be required to submit a RIPA Application.