Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
This course is delivered by The Training Consultants, part of Bond Solon. The Training Consultants is one of the UK's most established suppliers of accredited intelligence training, spanning the whole spectrum of overt and covert activity.
RIPA Authorising Officers - Course overview
The role of the authorising officer is the most important one in the RIPA process. It is important that those people performing this important role understand the requirements of their role and how to complete the authorisation correctly.
This 1-day training course has been designed to introduce delegates to the role of the authorising officer and allow them to explore the role and the requirements placed upon them when they are asked to authorise directed surveillance.
The training reflects the law, guidance and recognised good practice, enabling them to perform the role when required.
Key learning points
- What are the roles of the applicant, gatekeeper and authorising officer?
- Understand what activity constitutes directed surveillance?
- When should an authorisation be given?
- How to construct an authorisation for directed surveillance.
- When is an authorisation required for open source research?
- How to correctly apply the key term of necessity, proportionalityand collateral intrusion.
- The 6 legal tests that are required to performed by the authorising officer.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone whom may be new to the role of an authorising officer and required to perform the role in relation to directed surveillance on less frequent basis.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.