Key Learning Points
- Planning for a successful internet investigation
- Investigative strategies
- Understanding the internet, web, social networks and web terminology
- Advanced web-searching techniques, strategies and tools
- Conducting internet investigations lawfully and safely
- Recording intelligence
- The transition between intelligence and evidence
- Complying with legislation and procedures
- Presentation of internet-based evidence
Open Source Internet Investigations - overview
The internet is an increasingly important tool in a wide range of investigations. When used effectively, it enables organisations and investigators to save a considerable amount of time and money.
But failure to research properly, monitor changes, capture data, and follow procedures or legislation could result in any evidence obtained being rendered inadmissible.
The Open Source Internet Investigations course will provide you with the core skills to use the internet effectively as an investigative tool. It will enable you to quickly source information and gather evidence lawfully to further your investigations.