Please note that this course is delivered virtually on a public basis. We can also arrange closed courses (either in the classroom or virtual) for your organisation, if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Learning Points
- Identifying the issues to be addressed in your report
- Using a structured approach to preparation and writing
- Expressing an independent view and arguing your conclusion
- Handling supporting information
- Developing an objective and critical eye in relation to your report
- Insulating your report against cross-examination
- Dealing with procedural requirements, including The Expert’s Declarations
Excellence in Report Writing - overview
An expert witness’s report is a vital element in litigation. It must be clear, succinct, independent and well presented.
Many experts develop their own report-writing style or adopt other people’s. But they’ve rarely received constructive feedback from lawyers on what’s actually required from their written evidence.
This course explores what lawyers and the courts expect and require from an expert witness’s report. You’ll be taught how to assess your own and other experts’ reports, and to produce, quickly and consistently, reports that are court-compliant and that can withstand cross-examination.
This course can count towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate.
The Digital Hub
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.